In order to configure Office365 to work with the iPhone and iPad it is very easy to simply add a Microsoft Exchange Mail account via the Settings – Mail, Contacts, Calendar entry. This article assumes your Office365 account is setup properly – which it is if you’ve accessed it via the web or via Microsoft Outlook. See Configure Office365 – Basic, if you don’t currently have Office365.
Here are the most basic steps to Configure Office365 on your iPhone/iPad:
- On your iPad/iPhone, under Settings, select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Press “Microsoft Exchange” to add your new account.
- Enter your fully qualified e-mail name (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) into both the Email and Username fields and your password. Click Next.
- The iPad/iPhone will use Office365’s autodiscover feature to fill in the server box. Click Next.
- You can customize the items that the iPad/iPhone will synchronize. Unless you’re doing something pretty unique, there is no reason not to synchronize them all.
At this point you can access Office 365 just like any other e-mail account on your iPhone/iPad. You will have full access to the contacts, calendar and e-mail.
Note that the iPhone / iPad only allows one Microsoft Exchange account to be configured. So if you have an existing Exchange account, you will have to remove it before adding the Office 365 account.
In addition to the iPhone/iPad it is very simple to configure Office 365 to work easily on Windows Phone 7, Android, and many other devices.
Office365 retains all of your e-mail, contacts, and calendar information in the cloud. This means the iPad/iPhone synchronizes it’s contents with the Office365 cloud version. This process keeps your phone, desktop PC, and other devices synchronized with all of the same information. It also allows you to access this information from any web browser using Online Outlook.
Click for instructions to set up Office 365 on your Mac.
Follow this link to find out What is Office 365?